South Korea’s CS Wind Expands Industrial Facilities in Portugal

South Korea’s CS Wind, the world’s largest manufacturer of wind towers, has opened a new wing in its industrial facilities in Portugal.

The official ceremony was attended by the administrators of AICEP, João Noronha Leal and Rita Branco, Cho Yeongmo, Ambassador of South Korea in Portugal, the management of the company and various municipal authorities.

The entry into Portugal came after the acquisition of ASM, a process that began in 2021 with the purchase of 60% of the company and ended in February of the following year with the obtaining of the remaining 40%.

South Korea´s CS Wind invests EUR 115 million in Portugal

A world leader in wind turbines, the company currently employs 1,200 people. The goal is to reach 2500.

Exporting to Europe and the United States of America, CS Wind is currently located in countries with the US itself, Vietnam, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, Turkey and Denmark.

 

Other articles

Portugal

Porto and Shenzen Look at Bolstering Relations

Portugal

Macau and Portugal Strengthen Ties in Justice, Economy and Trade